IBEW …the right choice!
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) represents approximately 750,000 members in the United States and Canada who work in a wide variety of fields. The IBEW stands out among the unions in the AFL-CIO because it is among the largest and has members in so many skilled occupations.
The IBEW Local 654 supplies skilled labor to over 100 contractors in the Delaware and Chester County areas. The IBEW has played a major roll in every major construction project in Pennsylvania. The pride and workmanship of the IBEW is evident in just about every building in our area.
- Manpower: A virtually unlimited supply of trained and skilled electricians is literally just a phone call away. When you have an abundance of work you simply call the union hall and request the number of employees needed. When work is slow, you simply send your excess employees back to the union hall.
- Training: Our apprentice electricians serve in a Pennsylvania approved five-year program. They receive on the job training, as well as 185 hours of classroom/lab instruction per year in all aspects of the electrical trade. The training program also provides training to all classifications of electricians as well as upgrade courses in new codes and technologies. The result is an employee who is well trained in all aspects of the electrical construction industry.
- Stability: With a collective bargaining agreement you will have the peace of mind in knowing exactly what your labor costs will be from year to year for a specified period of time. Collective bargaining agreements are typically three years in length, and are negotiated between union and employer representatives.
- Safety: Our members are trained in OSHA 10, First Aid & C.P.R., and various other electrical safety related programs. This training is provided at no cost to you, so our members are ready to work as soon as they hit the jobsite.
- Workforce Quality: Our members are participants in the “Code of Excellence Program”. This innovative new program ensures that you are 100% satisfied with the union electricians on your jobsites.
What’s In It For You?
Reduced Industrial Insurance Costs
Substance abuse program (Drug Free Workforce)
Participation in safety programs
- Reduced Benefit Administration Costs
“One Stop Shopping” for employee benefits
Improved cash flow – benefits reported in month following hours worked
- Manpower Flexibility
No cost hiring hall
Ability to increase and decrease staffing levels as necessary
Highly Trained Workforce
Fully qualified journeymen wiremen
- Higher Employee Retention
Access to health care
Retirement benefits breed loyalty in employees
Safer employees and working environment
Access to established advertising and marketing programs
Expanded market opportunities
Access to state of the art training in new markets
Access to skilled labor pool
****Any questions or comments please contact
(610)-494-2820 ext. 18
Membership Development Representative
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers LU 654